- Provides eight (8) streams for support of up to 8 DIRECTV satellite tuners (can be eight individual receivers or four DVRs or a combination) (tuners must be suitably compatible)
- Provides three (3) legacy outputs for older equipment (cables must be home-runs)
- Built-in diplexer automatically combines off-air signals with DIRECTV satellite signals onto a single wire allowing cable, antenna, OTA HD, and most CCTV systems signals to travel on the same single wire
- With a SWM, only ONE LINE is connected into the back of a compatible HD DVR. The satellite 2 input is NOT USED and two tuners are available from that single line. No split at the unit is necessary; this is performed internally.
- Can be installed inside or out. Generally, the SWM is installed outside at the dish area, and the Power Inserter is installed indoors.
- Supports six (6) satellite LNB inputs. Four are for the 3LNB or 5LNB HD dish, plus two Flex Ports for support of additional local or international signal satellite dishes (95 sat and 72.5 sat).
- B-Band converters are NOT used with receivers connected to SWM. This functionality is performed by the SWM.
- Maximum total distance from SWM to receiver: 300' max run with 1x2 splitter; 250' max run with 1x4 splitter; 200' max run with 1x8 splitter.
- HR20 (takes
two signals from the SWM wire, but needs only a single wire - for OTA, a diplexer
is needed at the DVR end)
- HR21, HR21 Pro,
HR22, THR22, HR23, and HR24 HD DVRs (each take two signals from the SWM wire,
but only need a single wire)
- HR34 (takes
a single wire and uses five signals)
- H20, H21, and
H23 HD Receiver (each take one signal)
- R16 and R22
(each take two signals from the SWM wire)
- D12 and D13
(each take one signal)
- DirecTV HD TiVo
- The older unit(HR10-250) will NOT work with SWMs, except via the legacy
ports. The new unit coming out in 2011 (watch for the latest info on that
on the WeaKnees TiVo Blog) SHOULD
work fine with SWMs.
Equipment: legacy ports (three), any DirecTV receiver will work.
Runs need to be home runs (one solid run from the receiver to the SWM). Specifically,
any DirecTV TiVo will
work, but will need to use the legacy ports.
- The SWM8 will work with any non-SWM dish, current or older, including slimline dishes. Additionally, the SWM8 will work with two dishes in many situations, for example a 5LNB dish, plus an international dish. The SWM8 has four ports for the primary dish (5LNB in this example) and two "flex" ports for a secondary dish.
- Please note: a SWM8 cannot connect to a SWM dish - so if you have a 5LNB or 3LNB dish with one output, that's a SWM dish, and a second multiswitch cannot be used with it.
- Number of Input Ports: 6 Satellite & 1 Off-Air Antenna (power goes in through the SWM port)
- Dimensions: 167x145x35 mm
- Weight: 1.1 lbs
- Operating temperature range: C -34 to +52 (-29 to 125.6F)